Bay Harbour UMC is looking for a part-time exempt Youth Minister.
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ, committed to the orthodox Christian faith and spiritual habits.
- Demonstrated calling and passion for reaching and making disciples of youth.
- Able to understand and articulate United Methodist theology and doctrine.
- Experience, training/certification in youth ministry preferred, as well as committed to remaining current with trends and practices of effective youth ministries.
- Proven leadership skills (develop Bay Harbour Youth Ministry vision, build teams, develop strategy, communicate effectively, work well with others, servant’s heart, self-motivated)
- Establish and communicate a vision and plan for Junior High and High School Youth Ministry that includes:
- Making disciples of youth through small group study, large group worship, serving in the church, and missions.
- Ensuring every Bay Harbour youth is meaningfully connected for care and spiritual growth.
- Reaching non-Christian/unchurched youth beyond Bay Harbour UMC.
- Work with student leaders of the Junior High and Senior High to develop a curriculum for Sunday School, weekday Bible studies, and other discipleship environments. Ensure the curriculum is Biblical, relevant, theologically sound, and establishes a strategic pathway for developing mature disciples.
- Develop and coordinate youth and adult leaders who are responsible for specific areas of ministry.
- Communicate effectively and consistently relevant information to the church, parents, youth leaders, and youth.
- Work with the Minister of Discipleship and the Youth Board to develop specific goals/measures for each of above priorities.
- Responsible for managing Safe Sanctuary chaperone obligations for all youth events within budget.
- Work with Minister of Discipleship and Pastor to develop and monitor annual budget for Youth Ministry.
Qualified candidates, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click apply now.