Forest Park Church in Joplin, Missouri is looking for a Campus Student Minister who will train, encourage, and grow staff and volunteers for the building up of the body of Christ (Eph. 4:11-13) as you implement the total church vision, strategy and values within your ministry department for Forest Park Church. The Student Minister’s job is to assist the Campus Pastor in oversight of the student ministry (along with other assigned ministry areas), develop leaders and ensure Forest Park Church’s standards are being implemented at the campus level. Expectations of Forest Park staff include:
- Regular devotions and Bible study
- Attend no less than one worship service every weekend
- Tithing (10% of Income to Forest Park)
- Solid financial management of church funds
- Loyalty to Forest Park Church’s vision and ministry
- Live out Forest Park’s Code and Staff Behavioral Values Skills
- Student Ministry (7-12th grade) Oversee and execute all programs within campus student ministry (Student Awana, Unite services & LifeGroups).
- Cast a clear vision to staff, parents and students regarding the direction of the student ministry.
- Coach parents regarding various student resources.
- Recruit, inspire and equip volunteer leaders at the campus to implement vision for Awana, Unite and LifeGroups with excellence.
- Follow all safety and training protocols.
- Connect with families who are new to the church.
- Connect with students outside the church.
- Connect regularly with the Central Student Minister.
- Adult & Student LifeGroups Ministry Promote LifeGroups at the campus.
- Recruit and coach LifeGroup Leaders.
- Connect regularly with Central Groups Minister.
- Hospitality Ministry Help guests take their next step toward God with a memorable, welcoming and distraction free church experience on Sunday mornings.
- Implement Forest Park’s hospitality standards at the campus level.
- Coach leaders and volunteers to improve hospitality at the campus.
- Manage inventory and budget accounts for the hospitality ministry.
- Biblical acumen and lifestyle
- Experience leading staff, other leaders and volunteer teams
- Experience with managing numerous projects at one time
- Experience with leading students and relatable to young people
- Ability to communicate effectively from stage
- Ability to adapt rapidly to the world of technology and digital content
- Organized and detail oriented
- Positive attitude and teachable spirit
- Multiple years of verifiable commitment to church at a high capacity.
- College degree or better
- Competitive salary
- Expense account for ministry related expenses
- Health insurance
- Double match retirement
- 1 free mission trip every year
- Cell Phone Stipend
Read this before submitting your resume: We are a fun group of people who run hard after God in order to accomplish His mission in the Joplin area. Before you apply for this position, consider whether you are simply looking for a job or whether you desire to run hard after God to reach people who don’t know Jesus. The latter is a calling that isn’t for everyone. We don’t need someone who can only do what we tell them, we need someone who tells us what they see for the future and works within the church’s vision to get us there. Interested applicants should submit a resume with any related content to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply now.