CHAPELSTREET CHURCH is looking for their next Director of Middle School Ministries
Location: Geneva, Illinois Church Size: 2500-3000
Denomination: Baptist / Converge.org
The Chapelstreet tri-city area is a mid-sized community in the suburbs of Chicagoland area. If you love the outdoors (hiking, biking, kayaking, etc.) then the Geneva area would quickly feel like home. Geneva and the tri-city area are growing communities, but Geneva is welcoming young families at a significant rate. We see this as a huge opportunity to reach the youth in our area. As Chapelstreet Staff, we believe in the values of: COMMUNICATION * INNOVATION * ONE TEAM * WELLBEING * MULTIPLICATION
The Director of Middle School Ministries is responsible for developing and leading Chapelstreet Church’s ministry to students in grades 6 through 8. The director is responsible for establishing ministry vision and values while implementing effective age-appropriate programming including: fellowship, worship, Biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. Most importantly should demonstrate a hunger for more of God and possess a passion to lead the youth of our church and community into that same hunger.
Director of Middle School Responsibilities: As a leader of Middle School Ministries, the director is responsible for serving students through teaching, mentoring, equipping, counseling, and discipling.
Duties will include:
- Creating a student culture that desires to be closer in relationship with Jesus
- Developing programs to connect students to Jesus and His church
- Designing and executing effective mid-week programming that includes worship, Biblical teaching, small groups, and community building
- Recruiting and developing volunteer teams to connect with and serve our students
- Overseeing special programs such as student camps, retreats, mission trips, service and outreach events
- Maintaining meaningful connection and communication with parents
- Managing a budget Leading and developing ministry interns
- Growing the impact of Middle School Ministry at Chapelstreet Church (attendance, baptisms, first-time decisions, etc.), in our community, and beyond
Director of Middle School Abilities & Attributes Requirements:
- Drive and determination to connect to students 3-5 years of experience leading in student ministry (preferred but not mandatory)
- Bible College degree (preferred but not mandatory)
- Abiding personal relationship with Jesus Christ Commitment to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for a leader of the church
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to teach and share God’s Word at both individual and/or group level.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others Flexible and open-minded to new ideas
- Able to lead strategic change in a complex multi-site ministry environment
- Able to develop relationships quickly and easily with students, parents, and volunteers
- Ability to enhance positive team environment built on creativity, innovation, communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Holds undergraduate degree, with graduate degree in ministry-related field a plus At least three years of experience in student ministry preferred.
- Ability to adopt and adhere to Chapelstreet’s statement of faith, vision, and mission, and willingness to become an active member of the church
- Spiritual Gifts and Skills Needed: Leadership Evangelism Teaching Cultural Expectations: Chapelstreet Church is made up of many ministry teams who share our mission to help others experience grace, grow in faith, and make and impact. We want to be “For Where We Are”. We value teamwork, love to work hard together and have fun!
Qualified candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click apply now.