Community UMC is looking for their next part-time Youth Minister. The purpose of this position is to facilitate an affirming and welcoming environment where youth (7-12th grades) of the church and the community have the opportunity to encounter God and to grow in their discipleship.
This position is being posted as part-time (20-25 hours a week) and has the potential to grow into full-time.
- Set the overall vision for the discipleship of the youth ministry with an action plan to carry it out.
- Develop programs, activities, trips and events that exercise the ministries’ core purposes of evangelism, spiritual growth, worship and servant leadership
- Work with the Pastor of Discipleship and Missions on a yearly Confirmation program
- Build and maintain relationships with kids inside and outside of the church – seek opportunities to support youth at school/sporting/community events
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteer leaders – meet regularly with volunteers, provide annual training events or conferences for volunteer team * Create avenues of consistent contact with parents
- Responsibly monitor and manage social media including church website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other media outlets
- Set and oversee the youth ministry budget, reflecting the values of the ministry vision and purpose
- Attend worship weekly at CUMC Reporting: This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor and relates to the Foundation Ministry Pillar (which includes Children’s Ministry and the church’s preschool).
Community UMC exists to share God’s grace through loving all, growing in Christian faith, serving others and embracing a commitment to the Community. We are located in the northwest corner of Lake County, on the edge of The Villages and also ten minutes from the Warren Willis United Methodist Camp and Conference Center.
The Director of Youth Ministry will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A growing relationship with God and a calling/desire to serve the church in youth ministry
- Have a United Methodist background or understanding of Wesleyan theology
- Completion of at least a high school diploma; previous youth ministry experience preferred
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and guide youth projects and other activities related to youth ministries
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others, maintain a positive outlook and to be flexible in solving problems
- Must be able to pass background check
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click apply now.