Fairport United Methodist Church is looking for a part-time Youth Ministry Coordinator to share the radical love of Christ with our youth. This person must be passionate about guiding the spiritual development of Youth and helping them to find and build acceptance, faith, joy and fellowship in the church. This person will empower ministry by Youth, partner with Fairport UMC adults in ministry with Youth, ensure a safe environment, and comply with Fairport UMC’s Safe Sanctuaries policy.
1. Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
- A personal commitment to following Jesus and growing in personal Christian faith as well as a strong desire to serve within and outside the church.
- Ability to work with youth and parents/adults involved in the ministry.
- A willingness to be a community presence/representative of the church.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. e. Ability to plan, organize, lead Fairport UMC Youth Ministries as well as guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to Youth ministries.
- Competence in listening skills appropriate for Youth Ministry and recognizing when it’s necessary to seek assistance.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others, to maintain a positive outlook and disposition, and to be flexible in solving problems.
- The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through maintaining confidentiality and compliance with Safe Sanctuaries.
2. Computer Skills
- Ability to learn and use church technology and computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Breeze Church Management, Mail Chimp, etc.)
- Experience working with youth, preferably in a ministry setting.
- A believer, model, and leader in Christ’s church.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree preferred.
Qualified candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply now.