First United Methodist Church Cocoa Beach is looking for their next Minister to Children, Youth, and Families.
This staff person:
- Creates a new children’s ministry program, birth through fifth grade.
- Plans, organizes, and implements a wide range of activities for children.
- Recruits, trains, and leads volunteer teams. Provides discipleship essentials for youth attending the church.
- Works with church staff and leaders to help implement the church mission.
- Works to achieve sustainable growth over time.
- Specific duties available upon request.
- Demonstrated Christian character and commitment in daily life and the ability to articulate a personal faith journey.
- An appreciation of the history and theological tradition of the United Methodist Church.
- Supports the mission, core values, and discipleship process at First UMC.
- Ability to organize programs and activities and to activate responsibilities with a minimum of supervision and follow-up.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build and motivate volunteer teams.
- Strong communion skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to receive and integrate feedback to solve problems and innovate.
- A minimum of three years experience in leading children’s activities, preferably in a children’s ministry setting.
- A college degree in Education, Religion/Children’s Ministry, or related fields (preferred)
Qualified candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click apply now.