First Presbyterian Church in Norfolk, Virginia, is looking for a Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. This full-time position includes all aspects of leading a thriving youth ministry that reflects the mission statement of Seeking Christ and Sharing His Love. The critical task is to continue to build a relational youth ministry where youth (grades 6 -12) feel welcomed, valued and cared for as they learn who Jesus is, how to follow Him and how basic Bible truths can help them to make right choices in their living. Another important aspect of this position is overseeing assimilation of young adults into our church family. The Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries must demonstrate a relationship with Christ in his or her personal spiritual life, including regular corporate worship with our congregation and service to Christ.
QUALITIES OF OUR DIRECTOR OF YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT MINISTRIES
- Strong Christian with a passion for Christ
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
- Energetic passion for youth and young adults
- Leader of creative Christ-centered youth ministry
- Vision and implement inter-generational programming to include the youth
- Team builder and team player
Please email a resume and cover letter to apply.