Children and Youth are a top priority at St. Peter’s, a warm and friendly Episcopal church in Kerrville, Texas. St. Peter’s is searching for a Children’s and Youth Minister to continue the strong and steady growth of families and young adults in their church community. Kerrville is located on the Guadalupe River, in the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Kerrville is a popular destination for a wide range of outdoor activities such as camping, fishing, hiking, biking, canoeing, and kayaking. North of San Antonio and west of Austin, Kerrville has become a magnet for the arts and draws many talented and accomplished people into the community. St. Peter’s encourages formation and mission, and the church fosters a strong fellowship among its members. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume.
St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Houston, Texas, is hiring up to 4 Student Ministry interns for the summer of 2019. Student Ministry interns will be involved in all aspects of a multi-faceted, growing ministry. They will have opportunities to learn from experienced student ministers and opportunities to take major leadership roles within the ministry. Since its founding in 1952, St. Martin’s Episcopal Church has grown to become the largest Episcopal Church in North America with more than 9,000 members. The Parish celebrates worship at six Sunday and three Wednesday services in both traditional and contemporary liturgical styles that provide an opportunity to give thanks and praise to God in the Anglican evangelical and orthodox tradition. The Church offers a wide range of Christian Education programs for the entire family, as well as numerous Outreach and Missions opportunities, and a variety of programs and events for adults, youth and children. Opportunities for interns include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching Sunday School classes for middle and high school students.
- Supervising approximately 45-50 middle and high school students who serve as VBS volunteers.
- Participating in one of three summer mission trips, serving alongside students on worksites and providing leadership for worship experiences.
- Provide leadership in the planning and implementation of Summer Days, a summer day camp for middle school students that combines educational, service, and fun experiences.
- Participate in weekly worship services by coaching and serving alongside acolytes.
- Assisting student ministers in the planning of fall programming.
Candidates for these internships must:
- Be a committed Christian with a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to the mission of St. Martin’s Episcopal Church: To bring by the power of the Holy Spirit as many people as possible to know, love, and serve God as revealed through Jesus Christ; and to be transformed into spiritually renewed disciples of Jesus who know, love and serve one another and the world.
- Be discerning a call to ministry (student ministry or other areas of ministry).
- Have graduated from high school in 2018 or earlier.
- Be able to begin a 10-12 week full-time internship in Houston, Texas by mid to late May, 2019 (exact dates are negotiable).
- Provide their own transportation to and from Houston, Texas at the beginning and end of the internship.
- Be able to provide for their own transportation needs throughout the summer.
St. Martin’s Episcopal Church will:
- Pay each intern $400 per week.
- Provide housing with a host family (if needed).
- Cover the cost of ministry-related expenses (cost of travel for ministry related trips, admission to students’ events, etc).
To apply, please email a resume.
The Center for Youth Ministry Training offers a debt-free, 3-year Graduate Residency for those called to youth ministry by covering tuition, books, housing, and utilities for the duration of time the resident is in the program along with a monthly stipend of $1,000. Graduate Residents gain experience by being placed in a local church while earning a Master of Arts in Youth Ministry from one of our two partner seminaries. As the largest graduate program focused in youth ministry in the country, we make it our mission to equip youth ministers theologically in the classroom, vocationally in the local church, and emotionally through personal coaching.
- Called to Youth Ministry
- Experience volunteering in a Youth Ministry/church ministry
- 3.0 GPA or higher
Visit this tropical oasis in southern Texas and you will see why residents are in love with their community and their neighbors. St. Alban’s Episcopal Church in Harlingen, Texas, is looking for a Youth Minister who dares to fall in love with their church. Harlingen is the most affordable place to live in the United States (according to CBS News). Nestled between two larger cities, Harlingen has two 6A high schools and a welcoming spirit where authentic community forms. St. Alban’s is an extension of these values in creating a generous, non-judgmental atmosphere. People are genuine in their care and support for each other and the staff of the church. The newly hired Youth Minister will be tasked with building a youth ministry in a community ready to embrace new opportunities and relate to the church’s school (through 6th grade), organizing chapel services and social media. The youth meet in the ROC, a four year old facility with a gym, showers, kitchen, comfortable meeting room and rock wall (pictured below). In addition, Harlingen is only 40 minutes from the beach at South Padre Island. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter.