The Church of the Covenant in Washington, Pennsylvania, is seeking a full-time Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries. This individual will oversee the programs of discipleship designed to help people of all ages live a life grounded in a faith in Jesus Christ. Ideal for this role would be an engaging, thoughtful, and relational leader who has experience organizing and supporting teams within a sustainable model of ministry. The Church of the Covenant boasts a multi-generational congregation, devoted to investing in the next generation. This position would report directly to the Pastor.
- Map out the overarching scope and sequence of the discipleship pathway for children, youth, and families (inclusive of weekly programming and annually occurring events)
- Recruit, train, and support teams of volunteer leaders across the three ministry areas
- Embrace opportunities to connect and build relationships with children, youth, and families outside of the church walls
- Organize the infrastructure of each ministry, ordering paperwork, guiding processes, implementing systems, and managing child protective policies
- Communicate regularly with key ministry stakeholders, effectively connecting with each generation
- Steward the budget and maintain the financial accountability of the three ministry areas
- Help establish a reliable and inviting name for the Children, Youth, and Family Ministries amongst the congregation and out into the larger community
- College graduate
- Church-based experience implementing and leading ministries towards sustainability
- General familiarity with frequently used social media platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize and keep accurate and detailed records
- Ability to work as part of a team
Qualified candidates should email their resume along with a cover letter.