Position Responsibilities & Vision
- Set and direct the vision of the Student Ministries in order to reach more teens and young adults for Christ in a way that fulfills the church’s vision.
- Establish solid leadership at all Student Ministry programs and events, including large group and small group environments.
- Develop large group programs that are fun, engaging, and effective at reaching young people at various stages of spiritual maturity.
- Ensure consistent and effective communication with parents of students.
- Create environments and opportunities for Young Adults to connect, grow, and experience Jesus in relevant ways.
- Continually develop our student and young adult small groups so that more young people are connected to a caring, adult leader and consistently challenged to take the next right step in their relationship with Jesus.
- Continually raise up and develop leaders who help you carry out the ministry to both students and young adults.
- Steward and manage the ministry’s annual budget.
- Perform occasional pastoral responsibilities outside of the ministry such as occasional weddings, funerals, and other pastoral care activities.
Personal Abilities & Skills
- Organizational and administrative abilities to plan effective events and coordinate many volunteers
- Strong giftedness and confidence in public teaching and preaching
- Ability to continually recruit, build, train, develop, and unleash a growing team of adult volunteers
- A consistent self-starter who is willing to accept responsibility for the success of their ministry
- Strong ability to work with people of various temperaments, gifts, passions, and church backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with teenagers, young adults, parents, leaders, and staff members
- Desire to work closely with people and staff in order to develop meaningful friendships with them
- Creative abilities to regularly think “outside the box” and be a “calculated risk taker”
Spiritual Gifts & Passion Areas (in no particular order)
Leadership Administration Teaching Shepherding
- Experience: Minimum 2-years experience in a similar role.
- Education: Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited college, preferably with a Bible degree
- An intimate & authentic relationship with God exemplified by a deep love for people
- Striving to live with integrity and honesty in all areas
- Regular observance of spiritual growth disciplines: Bible reading/study, prayer, Sabbath, solitude, journaling, accountable relationships
- Decisions marked by a genuine faith and trust in God
- Biblical leadership of the family, with intentional focus on living authentically at home, not just at church
- Possesses a teachable spirit and attitude
- Has experience within an attractional philosophy of ministry