Emmanuel Church is seeking a gifted Youth Pastor to oversee, lead, and develop its currently thriving Youth Ministry. Emmanuel Church is a Spirit filled, conservative Church located in the Flint Hills of northeastern Kansas serving a community whose economy is based in agriculture and industry. The town is the birth place of President Eisenhower and hosts his Presidential Library along with a museum. The desired candidate will have experience growing Youth Ministries both spiritually and numerically, oversee a Youth Council comprised of adults and students, and in general passionately take our Youth Ministry to “the next level”. We are a Missions minded Church. The Church’s Core Values include Love, Grace, Worship and Truth guided by our vision to Reach, Disciple, and Equip. We desire a person with spiritual maturity, creativity, and enthusiasm for the things of God to lead our young people into a thriving relationship with Jesus to impact both the present and the future. If you feel you meet these expectations and would like to be part of what God is doing at and through Emmanuel Church then please send us your resume.
First Christian Church of Atchison, Kansas, is seeking a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries to oversee and enhance its children and youth ministry program. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries will engage children (birth through 5th grade), youth (6th -12th grade), and their families in order to help them grow in their faith and be empowered to take their place in the life and ministry of the church. FCC is one of the largest Protestant churches in Atchison and one of the fastest growing Disciples of Christ churches in the Midwest. Atchison is a community of 11,000 people, located in Northeast Kansas on the banks of the Missouri River, near Kansas City, and is the birthplace of Amelia Earhart. FCC has recently remodeled the children and youth wing of the church, and is looking for a director to take the program to new and exciting places! Working in collaboration with the Christian Education Ministry Team, this person will:
- Provide weekly programming for children and youth to develop spiritually both personally and communally.
- Plan, promote, and lead mission trips and service projects.
- Build relationships with students and their families and provide spiritual care to foster a vibrant and solid student community.
- Recruit, develop, and empower volunteers serving in the children and youth ministries.
- Manage administrative tasks, including communications, children and youth programming calendar, and budget.
The ideal candidate will have the following: a minimum of three years experience in youth ministry; Bachelor’s Degree preferred, minimum of 2 years of college course work required; experience in recruiting and developing volunteers; willing to live in the Atchison area. This person must be a team player who can work collaboratively with clergy, staff, and volunteers. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits (vacation, health and retirement) package offered.
Please submit your resume and cover letter
First United Methodist Church in downtown Wichita, Kansas is seeking an energetic individual with a passion for youth faith formation to lead our middle and high school programs. This position is part-time (20-25 hours per week) and includes flexible scheduling, with Sunday mornings required and Wednesday nights required during the school year. The successful candidate will participate as a member of the Discipleship Team. The candidate will work well with youth, parents and the congregation, possess exceptional interpersonal skills, and maintain strong boundaries while being non-authoritarian. The ideal person will have strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to recruit and manage volunteers. This person must have a passion for learning and teaching the Scripture, show evidence of faith in daily life and desire to be a servant leader. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send your resume to First United Methodist Church, 330 North Broadway, Wichita, Kansas 67202 or apply electronically below.
Are you an energetic, enthusiastic Christian who believes that the development and discipleship of youth is a critical part of the Great Commission? Do you feel called to be part of this work? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Job duties include:
- Coordinating programming for Sunday morning and Wednesday evening
- Recruiting and deploying volunteers
- Communicating with parents, volunteers, staff, and the congregation
- Planning group gatherings and activities, as well as retreats and mission trips
- Engaging the group in wider community events, including Neighbors United, National Night Out, and Goddard Fall Festival
- Leading fundraising initiatives and activities
- Managing program finances in coordination with the congregation’s financial team
- Jumping in as a team member, as needed
Part-time/flexible, 20 hours per week, with 20 hours annual paid vacation/sick leave. Starting salary range is $12-15 per hour, based on qualifications and experience.
We are looking for a team member who displays the following characteristics:
- A growing Christian faith exhibited through Bible study and prayer
- Ability to lead others to a saving faith in Christ
- Energetic, understanding, caring, respectful, and honest
- Affinity with (and ability to relate to) youth
- Ability to work well with adults, including parents and volunteers
- A self-starter, with the ability to plan lessons, events, and mission trips and to appropriately delegate tasks or teaching to volunteers.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and professional references.
Wanted: Full-time Youth Minstry Leader. Lead Junior and Senior youth to Christ. The goal of the team lead by the Leader will be to create a strategy to develope ways to support, train and equip youth in their walk with Christ. A full profile of the Church can be viewed here. Job includes salary, health insurance, pension and professional education. If interested send resume. Community is 75% Hisipanc and 80% Title one.
Qualifications: Youth leadership experience
REPORTS TO: The Senior Pastor
CONFERS WITH: Staff; Worship Planning Team; other committees based on Music Ministry goals
APPROVED BY: AUMC Staff Parish Committee
Plan, facilitate, implement, and lead a well-rounded Music Ministry Program for Andover United Methodist Church and work as a team member with staff to accomplish the greater mission of the church.
- Prior experience and/or evidence of successful leadership in music ministry
- Strong commitment to the United Methodist Church
- Knowledge of and ability to plan and lead music in both traditional and contemporary settings
- Knowledge of directing: choir, praise band, and bell choir
- Lifestyle and behavior consistent with the United Methodist Book of Discipline
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to be part of a team with staff and develop leadership with laity
- Ability to manage administrative and budgetary tasks related to the position
- Ability to complete tasks assigned and appropriately supervise tasks assigned to others
Strong personal Christian faith commitment; responsible and dynamic leader; inclusive of persons [regardless of age, ethnic or social background, family setting or life situation]; able to relate in a positive manner to persons of all ages; enthusiastic; confident yet open to new ideas; willing to learn and grow; a sense of humor helps.
This is a 12 hour/week, salaried position requiring the Music Ministry Coordinator to be present for Sunday worship services, rehearsals, planning meetings and otherwise as determined in conjunction with the senior pastor.
He/She is expected to work a minimum of twenty four (24) hours during each 2-week pay period. One scheduled day will be Sunday of each week.
All personal business shall be conducted at times other than during scheduled work hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all Music Ministry activities. This is done in cooperation with staff members, volunteers, and groups within the church. Delegation and sharing of the leadership role is expected.
- Plan worship with a worship design team
- Plan choir music 4 weeks in advance
- Recruit, train and work with adults to assist with Music Ministry activities.
- Plan special music for the summer in lieu of the usual choir specials
- Coordinate the Music Ministry with the Church Calendar
- Develop healthy relationships with the children, youth and adults.
- Communicate effectively the goals and activities of the Music Ministry program.
- Assist all ages in assuming musical roles in the worship and ministry of the church.
- Manage risk and boundary awareness with all volunteers.
- Promote and participate in AUMC worship and ministries.
- Attend staff meetings as needed or determined.