Louisburg United Methodist Church (UMC) is located in Louisburg, Kansas, 15 minutes south of Overland Park on 69 Highway in the Kansas City area. Louisburg United Methodist Church is a rapidly growing church with vibrant youth and children’s ministries, and active adult discipleship program. The church is also a missional church supporting ministries around the world, nationally, and locally. Worship in our now eleven-year-old facility consists of two worship services at 8:30 and 10:30 on Sunday mornings. We strive every day to live out our mission statement of: Connecting People. Cultivating Faith. Celebrating Community. To apply, please email resume and salary requirements.
Knox Church is looking for a Director of Youth Ministry. It has a strong heritage of supporting youth programs and ministries. Our youth ministries enable young people to meet with their peers; socialize and become part of the community of Christ. Knox offers an annual mission trip, an annual choir trip, overnight experiences for local mission and worship retreat. Knox is seeking a qualified individual to lead youth ministries and transform youth programs so that the programs continue to be relevant and vibrant.
- Strong Christian faith and related experience of sharing the gospel to a youth audience
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Work background that relates to the successful completion of job duties as described
- Regular night and weekend availability
- Ability to travel on youth sponsored trips
- Proven ability to recruit and lead teams
- Proven ability to program manage multiple events and activities
First UMC is a special place, with beautiful newly remodeled facilities, and a warm, loving faith community. The church gathers about seven generations in fairly equal numbers each Sunday for worship, and we enjoy a blended worship style. Our diverse ministries offer everyone a place to be involved, and to grow spiritually. Our children’s ministry is growing very strongly, and that means more youth on the way! Student ministries, 6-12 grades, is strong with a large and very cool space for youth, great volunteers, and dozens of terrific students. The time has come for us to expand our outreach and disciple ministries to students and we are ready for the right person to lead us.
While a degree in youth ministry and experience is desired, we are open to hearing from you if this sounds like something God is leading you to. Send a resume` with a cover letter briefly sharing why you might be the one to lead us in these ministries. Our comp package is competitive and will be commensurate to education and experience. We offer vacation, insurance, several holidays, education and professional support.
The right person will be able to handle all facets of student ministries and worship, and will work with and develop the volunteer teams who currently serve in these areas. While a music degree is not required, the love for both contemporary and traditional worship will be helpful; the ability to lead vocally is required.
Email your resume and cover letter to Pastor Todd Guinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have a link to a video where you have recently led worship, or shared a message with youth, we would love to see that, too! Check us out on Facebook and our website, www.umculysses.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Augusta United Methodist Church is searching for a Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries (DCYM). It is a full-time position with ministry responsibilities related to children, youth, and their families. The DCYM ensures the day-to-day operations of the ministries run effectively in order to help Augusta UMC children, youth, and their families know God’s love, grow in God’s love, and show God’s love. Responsibilities include:
- Maintains a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Holds scriptural knowledge and United Methodist theology.
- Creates a Christ-like environment whereby children and youth are given an opportunity to know God’s love, grow in God’s love, and show God’s love with one another and the world around them.
- Coordinates with the Pastor to ensure the vision for the children’s and youth ministries align with the overall church’s vision.
- Nurtures warm, caring, authentic relationship with children, youth, and adults. Must value and honor confidentiality and healthy boundaries.
- Oversees balanced programs that engage families where they are and encourages them to the next level in knowing, growing, and showing God’s love.
- Communicates clearly and compassionately.
- Leads recruiting, training, and celebrating children and youth ministry volunteers.
- Advises and works with staff and key volunteers to guarantee the quality of the ministries and the effective use of resources.
- Serves as a partner to parents/guardians and the community in nurturing children and youth to know, grow, and show God’s love in their lives within and beyond the church walls.
- Serves as a team member of the staff, enthusiastically supporting the efforts and direction of the church.
- Coordinates with the finance committee to develop and function within an annual budget.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Maintains flexibility and possesses a teachable spirit with a willingness to learn, grow, assess, and adjust in order to be an effective minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ in Augusta, KS.
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth through reading, trainings, and networking. Maintains an understanding of current trends in children’s and youth ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement.
- Five to ten years of local church experience is desired.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, recent photo, pastoral reference, professional reference, and personal reference to Pastor Steve Spencer.