Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church in Valrico, Florida, is seeking a Christ centered mission oriented person to lead our youth, support their families and join us in our call to lead “Transformed lives, transforming the world.” Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter.
First Presbyterian Church (USA) in Winter Haven, Florida, a 1,000 member congregation, is seeking an enthusiastic leader seeking a long-term relationship to continue the development and expansion of our middle school and high school youth ministry program. This Christ-centered individual must be able to work well with and lead volunteers, coordinate youth programs, and have the ability to establish one-on-one and group relationships with our youth. The Ideal Candidate will…
- Be actively living out their Christian faith
- Have an intimate understanding of the Bible
- Relate biblical knowledge to the youth
- Be energetic and outgoing
- Be able to create exciting, active and relevant lessons
- Demonstrate patience, support and understanding
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
- Be a team player
- Demonstrate high proficiency with computer technology and social media
We value our student ministry program and, as such, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this full-time position. Inquiries may be mailed to the church office (attn: Director of Student Ministries Search Committee, First Presbyterian Church, 637 Sixth Street, NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881) or apply by emailing a resume and cover letter.
- Four-year College Degree
- Prior involvement working in high school and middle school youth ministry or youth-related organizations
- Member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) or a willingness to become a member of our PC(USA) congregation.
- Three letters of reference (one from a pastor; none of which shall come from a relative).
- Pass a background check (at the church’s expense).
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Hyde Park United Methodist Church is hiring an Assistant Director of Youth Ministries full time. We will have our application process open until April 5th, 2019. We are looking for someone who has a strong faith and biblical knowledge of God and scripture who is musically talented and tech savvy. Please look at our job description in the link to apply. We need a cover letter and resume attached to this form.
- Minimum high school education. Preferred college degree.
- Skills, experience and passion in working with youth, specifically students in 6th-12th grade.
- Well organized, self-driven, and creative.
- Ability to creatively plan and implement worship and fun events for the youth program.
- Experience with technology, particularly all forms of social media, video editing and basic graphic design.
- Platform skills and experience in leading large group worship (speaking and musical).
- Musical skills, aptitude, training and experience with contemporary pop/rock styles of Worship.
- Ability to creatively plan worship and worship music.
- Experience in leading small groups and shepherding students to grow in their leadership and discipleship.
- Ability to communicate the spiritual heritage, doctrine, and Social Principles of the United Methodist Church.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Looking forward to meeting our new Assistant Director soon!
Designated as one of 22 “vital” United Methodist churches by the Northeast District of the Florida Conference, St. Paul in Jacksonville is looking to find a Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry who will continue to reach out to the church’s urban neighborhood. Many middle and high school students walk from nearby schools to engage in this dynamic youth ministry. A person with an adaptive personality and an emphasis on team dynamics will thrive in this position supported by committed volunteers, staff and youth and young adults who desire to grow in their faith. Jacksonville is located on the east coast of Florida with many big city amenities including professional sports and the arts. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter.
Mandarin Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville, FL (www.mandarinpres.com), a dynamic and Christ-centered church in the ECO denomination, is looking for an experienced, energetic, and qualified individual to come on staff as their Director of Middle School Ministries. This person would work under the direction of the Associate Pastor for Next Generation Ministries as a part of the Youth Ministry staff to live out the church’s vision of leading students and parents towards a relationship with Christ and to grow in their discipleship with Him. This person should have a passion for middle school students and their families in and outside of the church. Together the DMSM will collaborate with the Youth Ministry staff and with the Next Generation Ministries staff, using your creativity and vision, to build a dynamic student ministry that engages youth, 6th-12th grade.
Qualifications for this position include a deep and growing faith in Jesus Christ. This person needs to love middle school students, be an equipper of others, be an excellent communicator, and possess a desire to see families connected to Christ and the church. This person needs to understand and agree with the core values and essential tenets of ECO. Gifted in relational and program ministry and having a good understanding of current youth culture, especially focused on middle school age issues, the candidate should be a builder of others. The candidate must have a college degree and 2-3 years experience in youth ministry (preferably in the same position). Please send a cover letter, resume and a video sample of teaching or preaching to youth.
Do you have a passion to help youth connect with Jesus and the church? First United Methodist Church of Plant City, Florida is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. We are a church seeking someone who has a passion to reach out to the community around us, can successfully reach out to and develop relationships with families who visit our church, and who has a calling to see children and families live in the abundant life that Christ has to offer. This position would help grow and develop our existing youth ministries. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a love for building relationships and assist the spiritual growth of youths. Candidates should have organizational and administrative skills plus the ability to communicate effectively through the written word, orally and via social media. Responsibilities include recruiting and training volunteers. The full-time Director of Youth Ministries should have experience working with youths from 6-12th grades. Please send resume and cover letter.
Mandarin United Methodist Church, with a great tradition of youth ministry, is looking for their next Director of Youth Ministry. This welcoming and loving church, focused on spiritual growth and development, embraces many of the communities south of Jacksonville, Florida, where there is amazing growth. In fact, a second campus is being planted in nearby St. John’s. The church has the largest pumpkin patch fundraiser in the southeast benefitting the youth ministry, along with lots of sports activities for all ages. Southwest Jacksonville has all the perks of big city life, suburban family-oriented communities and is close to the beach and rural country side. If you are interested in a great opportunity with supportive staff and facilities dedicated to youth, then send your resume and cover letter.
Hodges Boulevard Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville, Florida, is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministry to oversee discipleship of youth in 6th through 12th grades. This warm, welcoming, PCUSA congregation is described as “big enough to make a difference – small enough to be a family”. The position would report directly to the pastor, collaborate with the Director of Faith Formation, and oversee a team of volunteers.
- Work with an established volunteer team to continue to design, develop, and implement an engaging, growing, and sustainable ministry for youth
- Oversee all education programs, events, and trips for mid-high youth (6th-8th graders) as well as high school youth (9th-12th graders)
- Provide care and support for students connected with the ministry and church
- Serve as the primary liaison and advocate for the youth
- Communicate regularly with key ministry stakeholders (parents, volunteer leaders, day school families, larger congregation, local community)
- Assist clergy in relevant related responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the annual youth ministry budget
- Engage a variety of adults in leadership and support of the ministry, including parents and families of current students
- College graduate
- Understanding of pre-adolescent and adolescent development so as to be well equipped to connect and care for persons at this unique life stage
- Grounded in the Reformed Theology undergirding the tradition of the Presbyterian Church USA
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willing to be coachable and work within the framework that has been established for sustainability
- Proficient with social media platforms
- Ability to organize, focus, and multi-task
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Hollywood Hills United Methodist Church in Hollywood, Florida, is seeking a candidate for a full time position divided among 2 primary areas of responsibility, Youth Ministry (75%) and Contemporary Worship Leader (25%). Hollywood Hills is a medium size church located in a suburban area of South Florida.
- Experience leading in Youth Ministry.
- Familiarity with UMC Doctrine.
- Play a musical instrument and be able to lead worship vocally.
- Ability to work with others in planning, equipping, and implementing ministry ideas.
Please send a resume and cover letter if you are interested in this position.