Noroton Presbyterian Church (NPC) is seeking a full-time Youth Director who will provide primary leadership and support to the youth ministry program (students in grades 6-12 and their families). Located in a community that prides itself on being a safe and welcoming place for families, an effective candidate is both strategic in planning/implementing meaningful programming and at the same time able to respond with pastoral sensitivity and appropriateness to the needs of youth and their families. Campus visits, relational contact work, and networking/partnering with local ministries are all important aspects of the Youth Director position. Candidates should be mature in the faith, and hold theological commitments compatible with the tenets of the Reformed/Presbyterian tradition.
To apply, please email the following to the Youth Director Search Team no later than April 8th:
- Personal statement of faith
- Statement outlining your ministry philosophy
- Names and contact of at least three references who can speak to your character and work with youth and families.
Requests for a copy of the position description and questions should be directed to Jimmy McPherson.
- Education: Graduate and/or undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience in an area consistent with youth ministry.
- Work Experience: Prior experience working with youth and their families.
- A maturing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- A love for youth and a desire for them to know and experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong relational skills.
- Experience in a PC or Mac environment utilizing Google Suite (mail, calendar, documents), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and database software.