- Develop as a spiritual leader in all areas of life (family, vocation, church).
- Develop his/her strengths and a call to ministry.
- Develop a personal philosophy of ministry.
- Learn how to work within the entire ministry team (i.e., students, worship, outreach, children, education, etc.).
- Gain insight into a full-time student ministry role at a church.
- Grow in your personal relationship with Jesus by loving God and loving others.
- Work with the student ministry leadership to assist in the implementation of the vision, values, and goals of the student ministry department.
- Work with the student ministry leadership to lead and implement disciple-making programs in Erie via gatherings on Sundays and mid-week as well as trips and events.
- Lead and guide the students in the student ministry to a deeper life in Jesus Christ and push them towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
- Assist with the development of curriculum, trips, and events for the student ministry to move students towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
- Assist in the connection and assimilation process of all incoming new students.
- Have an intentional emphasis with a small group of students by helping them live a disciple-making lifestyle.
- Serve as a member of the student ministry team and attend weekly student ministry team meetings.
- Communicate with leaders, parents, and students regarding the overall direction of the ministry and the tools we are using to help students grow.
- Assist in recruiting, developing, and training a team of volunteers to minister to students.
- Assist whenever called upon by the Director of Student Ministry.
- Interns need to have a love for the Lord, first and foremost.
- Interns need to have a servant heart.
- Interns need to have a teachable Spirit.
- Interns need to be willing to go the extra mile to develop as a minister.
- The Student Ministry Intern is directly accountable to the Director of Student Ministries in Erie for daily supervision.
- The Student Ministry Intern is responsible to the Calvary Bible Church Leadership Team and ultimately accountable to God.
- Faithful follower of Christ, hungry for God’s Word, proven leader, desire to make disciples.
- Born again with clear evidence of a godly lifestyle.
- In agreement with Calvary Bible Church Constitution.
- In agreement with student ministries philosophy of ministry.
- A call and desire towards student ministry.