FIND A JOB
Youth Pastor, Minneapolis, MN
Description:Riverway is a non-denominational church that began in 2011. Our passion is community involvement and outreach to see people accept Jesus as their Savior and grow in their faith through Riverway. We are looking for a Youth Pastor who is skilled at managing, speaking, organizing, and leading. This person should be passionate about teenagers finding Jesus, creating irresistible service environments, and mentoring youth. This person also needs to have an outgoing personality, highly relational, be able to multi-task as a self-starter, and be a visionary leader to keep our youth ministry relevant and growing. We are a portable church that meets at Champlin Park High School and currently run about 40-50 Middle School and High School students with a leadership team of 10 adults. We believe this situation is ripe for big growth and potential just waiting for the right leader. This role can expect to work 40-45 hour per week (including Sundays) and is a full-time, salaried position. This person would report directly to the Lead Pastor.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This role is responsible for all ministries for the youth of Riverway as well as leadership to youth in our community.
- Be the “face” for youth leadership in our church, local schools, and community.
- Lead the way in all vision casting, goal setting, innovation, and excellence.
- Create and maintain a fun, passionate, and engaging youth program every week that will help teenagers build a relationship with Jesus and with other kids their age.
- This role would recruit and oversee all volunteers including their training, encouragement, scheduling and communication. This would include having the right volunteers in the right spot based on gifts and abilities, as well as oversee all measures of security and background checks.
- Oversee all set up and function of Wednesday night services for 6th-12th grade, Sunday morning Middle School services for 6th-8th grade, as well as events and activities.
- Writing and creating all systems for consistency, clarity and excellence.
- Spend time mentoring and building relationships with teens outside of service times.
- Attend the Middle School and High School FCA Bible studies each week.
- Use Small Groups as a part of the discipleship process.
- Great communication with parents and using them as advocates in their kid’s life.
- Create special events and activities to build relationships outside the service times.
- Provide an offering of summer youth camps at Trout Lake Bible Camp and attend with them.
- Other various Riverway tasks and support. (15% of job)
- Bachelor’s degree or seminary training preferred; or a combination of education and experience
- Ministry experience with proven leadership skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and interpersonal
- Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Must have a good sense of humor and like to have FUN!! We take God seriously, but ourselves not so much!