FIND A JOB
Youth Ministry Director, Marshall, MN
Description:Living Word Lutheran Church was founded out of a deep conviction to the Living Word of God, the Bible, His Word which is Holy. Our church family supports one another and spreads the Good News so it is critical that this position worships weekly and prays daily for the church, its members, and its ministry while exploring ways to bring people into a personal relationship with Christ and grow in their faith. Living Word Lutheran Church is affiliated with Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC), and the Augustana District of LCMC.
The Youth Ministry Director position is responsible to create, plan and lead programs designed to nurture and educate Living Word middle school and high school youth (grades 7 – 12) and encourage them to be rooted in scripture and grow through worship, prayer, study, fellowship, and service to joyfully proclaim Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Ministry programs include high school Ignite, middle school Confirmation, JAM, and Sunday Youth Bible Education.
Responsibilities:• Create and present the month to month plan of action for Ignite, Confirmation, and JAM to the pastors for approval while ensuring a balance of service, education, accountability, and fellowship.
• Research and select appropriate curriculum, resources, materials, and related supplies, under the supervision of the Pastors, and present program to the Youth Ministry Board.
• Organize and lead weekly JAM, Confirmation and Ignite events as scheduled.
• Have a positive working relationship with the church staff, Ignite and Confirmation Small Group leaders, and volunteer leaders.
• Attend the monthly Youth Ministry Board meetings to report the youth activities and needs along with any changes to the curriculum/materials and calendar of events.
• Meet one-on-one with middle school and high school youth for relationship building at a minimum one time a month.
• Plan, promote and attend: fundraisers, retreats, camps, weekly activities, youth Bible studies, mission trips, and area school events as able (ex: FCA or events youth is involved in).
• Establish a regular opportunity for all youth to serve others.
• Maintain daily devotional time and participate in on-going personal development in knowledge of materials, methods, and techniques in the field of Christian Youth Director.
• Recruit middle and senior high school youth to have weekly Bible studies.
• Other duties as assigned and detailed in performance standards for the position.
Qualifications:• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Youth ministry experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills required
• Ability to initiate and maintain supportive relationships and a Christian lifestyle that can serve as an example to youth and families
• Biblical Literacy and demonstrated fidelity to LWLC’s Statement of Faith
Qualified candidates, please email your resume along with a cover letter to apply.