FIND A JOB
Student Ministry Director, Duluth, GA
Description:Sugarloaf United Methodist Church in Duluth, Georgia, is looking to add another student pastor to their Student Ministries Staff! If you think the traits listed here fit you, please apply! • Leadership • Pastor/shepherd • Mercy-showing • Administration • Teaching •Education and experience in theology and counseling • Excellent Communicator • Excellent role model • Organizational/Administrative Skills Visionary • Expressive leader • Compassionate • Playful • Energetic • Dependable • Friendly • Analytical • Self-Starter •Ministering to and with teens, with a heart for understanding their special needs and a desire to include this valuable group of people in the ministry of the church •Teaching and helping students to apply foundational Biblical truths to their life issues.
- Recruit, develop, and coach LEADERS to lead a growing and fruitful ministry!
- Give direction to and oversee the student ministry.
- Identify the needs and interests of teens within the church and community.
- Plan and develop programs for the student ministry.
- Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness.
- Identify and provide ministry opportunities for teens.
- Work in consultation with other Student Ministry Staff and Church Ministry Staff to reach significant numbers of Middle School and High School students.
- Meet monthly with student ministry leaders (adult team and student team) to pray and to plan and discuss upcoming events, challenges, solutions, praises.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to teens on an individual basis.
- Participate in outreach ministry to teens who have visited the church.
- Project and oversee annual budget for student ministries; oversee expenditures.
- Lead student retreats for the purpose of spiritual edification and evangelism.
- Utilize outreach teams and resources to coordinate and lead mission trips and opportunities for students.
- Visit with teens ON-SITE in their schools, houses, activities, and when hospitalized. Maintain an incarnational presence in the local schools surrounding Sugarloaf.
- Actively seek out continuing education and training opportunities.
- Plan and lead Confirmation classes for students.
- Compile a youth database to be used throughout the ministry for coordination and community building.
- Attend weekly Staff meetings.
- Attend Council meetings representing staff and student ministry needs.