FIND A JOB
Pastor of Student Ministries, Lexington, KY
Description:Located in Lexington, Kentucky, Centenary UMC is one of the largest United Methodist churches in Kentucky (3000+ membership). It has a long history of tremendous ministry in a growing area of the city on the edge of the campus of the University of Kentucky. The church hosts highly rated outreaches to families including The Centenary School, the Centenary School of Music and a large sports ministry, IAM3rd (which has almost 2000 students in various sporting activities and teams). The church has a very high commitment to reaching individuals and families for Jesus Christ across the ocean and across the street. A candidate will have a strong commitment to Wesleyan theology and Biblical orthodoxy as well as a proven track record for being eager and willing to build disciples who are committed to Jesus Christ, to the church, and to the work of Christ in the world.
- Bachelor’s required (Christian Education or Bible major helpful, but not necessary). Seminary degree strongly preferred. A candidate will have previous experience in a full-time position with a growing ministry in a large (500+ attendance) church, large staff setting, a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ, and an intense desire to see students grow spiritually.
- Demonstrate effectiveness as a disciple maker
- Have strong organizational/communication skills
- Possess spiritual giftedness in the areas of leadership and teaching
- Display a learning posture, flexibility, cooperation, servanthood and evidence of being self-motivated and willing to work within a team ministry