FIND A JOB
Minister of Youth, Children and their Families, Lexington, KY
Description:Located in the heart of the Bluegrass, Central Christian Church is located in downtown Lexington, Kentucky, a dynamic community of 300,000 with a wealth of arts, cultural, educational, and sporting activities enriching our life together. Central Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is an historic church who celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2016 and is now in our third century of ministry and mission. Our growing congregation is seeking a full-time Minister of Youth, Children and their Families who has a heart for cultivating a vibrant youth ministry in collaboration with our talented and committed lay members. With newly constructed dedicated space for children and youth ministries, stellar mission centers on site, the respect of our city’s civic and service sector leaders, an awe-inspiring sanctuary, an outstanding music program, and a congregation open to thoughtful innovation, Central enters its third century with eager anticipation of what is before us. Our deeply committed staff is eager to welcome our newest colleague as we continue to marry head, heart, and hands in all we do to serve as a beacon of Christ’s light, life, and hope in downtown Lexington and beyond.
- Seminary education or a seminary degree are preferred, but we will give serious consideration to all candidates who have the training, experience and desire to form disciples of Jesus Christ through worship, study, and service.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Some seminary study up to and including M. Div. preferred
- Openness to pursuing commission or ordination
- Previous participation in a congregational youth ministry
- Previous participation in camp and conference programs for youth
- Other experiences in youth development/services