Minister for Children and Family Ministries, Santa Fe, NM
United Church of Santa Fe (www.unitedchurchofsantafe.org
) is seeking a full time Minister for Children and Family Ministries who will oversee its comprehensive and multi-faceted program that builds the faith of infants through high school students and nurtures faith formation for the congregation. The United Church of Santa Fe is a welcoming, intergenerational, and mission minded congregation, belonging to the United Church of Christ, in the capital city of New Mexico. United’s call is to “Love God. Love Neighbor. Love Creation.” Santa Fe is the oldest state capital a center for music from classical to contemporary, the 3rd largest art market in the US, and is replete with diverse outdoor activities. In addition, the faith communities of northern New Mexico include centuries-old Native American traditions and Hispanic Catholicism, as well as progressive and evangelical Protestants, Buddhists, and others.
With newly renovated and dedicated space for children and youth programming, the Minister for Children and Family Ministries will grow the children and youth ministry programs to develop a lively faith and deep resilience in our young people. The church has a Pastoral Resident for Youth Ministry who is responsible for older middle school through high school youth. The church wants young people to have a relationship with the living God, to know Jesus’ story and follow in his ways, and to be open to the power of the Spirit. They also want to build Christian leaders who will impact their church and community with God’s love. The Minister for Children and Family Ministries will have the support of the Children and Youth Ministry Team and will be responsible for the following:
- Developing a comprehensive faith formation program for infants through high school students using diverse, biblically based curriculum, and incorporating music, art, and service into the educational experience.
- Recruiting and helping train volunteers for children and youth ministries
- Providing leadership to several part-time children and youth ministry staff and a pastoral resident.
- Helping to develop and lead yearly immersion trips and special programming
- Nurturing programs of faith formation for parents and the wider congregation.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A person of deep faith with a progressive understanding of Christianity.
- Passion for helping children and parents grow in their faith and live that faith in the world.
- Commitment to the life and ministries of a local congregation.
- Willingness to engage the questions and doubts of children and parents and offer direction and affirmation of the faith.
- Elementary, Middle School or Parent teaching experience and/or Children’s Ministry or other children’s program leadership.
- Strong work ethic and excellence in previous children’s ministry or education settings.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and taking initiative.
- Team player/team builder.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to relate to all ages inside and outside our congregation.
- Sense of humor (which goes without saying).
- Bachelors in related field (eg., education, Biblical studies, religion, etc.)
Please email your resume and cover letter.