FIND A JOB
Middle School Ministries Director, Golden Valley, MN
Description:Calvary is a Christ-centered church located in Golden Valley, MN a Northwest suburb of Minneapolis. We are looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling the next generation. The ideal candidate can relate well with youth, parents and adult volunteers. The Middle School Ministry Director oversees sixth through eighth grade. This position creates, manages and directs all aspects of middle school ministry.
- Live out Calvary’s mission, priorities and prayer, applying them in your personal and professional life with vigor and excellence.
- Operate as an accountable, authentic, caring, collaborative, team-first staff member, encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development.
- Model relational discipleship to kids and families
- Partner with the CYF Pastor, Children’s Ministry Director and CYF Ministries Assistant to develop programs that are organized, supervised and promoted
- Responsible for the development and implementation of ministry with middle school kids, including weekly school year programming and summer opportunities (VBS, camps, mission trips, etc.)
- Continue to develop a ministry that impacts the community and respects Calvary’s Lutheran roots
- Recruit, empower and develop a team of volunteers (small group leaders, Guest Experience volunteers, Lenten mentors and special event volunteers)
- Partner with the high school ministry team to equip and build student leaders
- Establish bridges from elementary to middle school and from middle school to high school from a relational and programmatic standpoint
- Help develop the annual budget for middle school ministry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills with kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a team
- Minimum 4-year degree.
- Prior youth ministry experience (1-3 years preferably in a large church context)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills