FIND A JOB
Middle School Minister, Houston, TX
Description:St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Houston, TX is currently seeking a full-time Middle School Minister. This individual will support the church by providing primary leadership for middle school ministries under direction of the Director of Student Ministries and in partnership with the entire Student Ministries team. He or she must be committed to the Mission and Core Values of St. Martin’s Episcopal Church. We’re seeking a deeply committed follower of Jesus Christ who is growing in his or her faith, has a heart for students, and a positive leadership track record in a local church and/or related ministries.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for most middle school programs, classes, and events (retreats, mission trips, service projects, etc.).
- Assists with high school and college ministry as needed and assigned by the Director of Student Ministries.
- Equips adult volunteers and students to be leaders in student ministry.
- Builds relationships with students and their families.
- Provides clear and concise communication to students, families, and other stakeholders.
- Assists in worship leadership by serving alongside acolytes during weekly worship services and serving as crucifer during funerals as assigned.
- Develop a deep understanding of St. Martin’s and its ministries.
Preferred QualificationsBachelor’s degree (strongly preferred), preferably in youth ministry, Christian education, or a related field, and 3-5 years of relevant work experience preferred. Key competencies required for the position include:
- Impactful oral and written communication skills.
- Effective teaching skills in a variety of setting and group sizes.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative work environment.
- Highly competent in time and resource management.