FIND A JOB
Director of Student Ministries, Winter Haven, FL
Description:First Presbyterian Church (USA) in Winter Haven, Florida, a 1,000 member congregation, is seeking an enthusiastic leader seeking a long-term relationship to continue the development and expansion of our middle school and high school youth ministry program. This Christ-centered individual must be able to work well with and lead volunteers, coordinate youth programs, and have the ability to establish one-on-one and group relationships with our youth. The Ideal Candidate will…
- Be actively living out their Christian faith
- Have an intimate understanding of the Bible
- Relate biblical knowledge to the youth
- Be energetic and outgoing
- Be able to create exciting, active and relevant lessons
- Demonstrate patience, support and understanding
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
- Be a team player
- Demonstrate high proficiency with computer technology and social media
- Four-year College Degree
- Prior involvement working in high school and middle school youth ministry or youth-related organizations
- Member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) or a willingness to become a member of our PC(USA) congregation.
- Three letters of reference (one from a pastor; none of which shall come from a relative).
- Pass a background check (at the church’s expense).
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.