FIND A JOB
Director of Youth Ministry, Clearwater, FL
Description:Heritage United Methodist Church is located in the Countryside area of Clearwater,Florida just minutes away from beautiful beaches. We currently have an opening for a full time Director of Youth Ministry. Step into a ministry where you will be surrounded by supportive and committed staff, volunteers,and youth. Join a community of faith where we invite everyone into a life-changing relationship with Jesus by providing a place to belong grow and make a difference.
General ResponsibilityThe Director of Student Ministry is responsible for leading our middle and high school youth to Jesus Christ by developing and unitizing the Youth ministry programs of Heritage. In addition, they will give assistance to the Senior Pastor in the worship and care of the entire Heritage United Methodist Church family. Duties to include but not limited to all activities that help students and their families to develop their faith through learning experiences. Additional duties may include participation in worship, preaching, teaching, and counseling.
- Must have commitment to living and preaching the ministry of Methodism.
- Passion for bringing the teachings of Methodism/Christianity to our youth.
- Must have a Certificate of Completion of Youth Ministries studies from a recognized Christian educational institution.
- Ability to envision, create, organize and aggressively pursue programs of "needs" ministry.
- Possess a genuine love for and enjoyment of people.
- A college degree, training and experience preferably in Christian Education and Youth Ministry.
- Preach and model the words of Christ at all times.
- Live, preach and bring the teachings of Methodism/Christianity to our youth.
- Coordinate, shepherd and minister to paid youth ministry staff, volunteers and interns.
- Plan for all youth activities with adult, youth leaders and interns.
- Recruit, develop, and train parental volunteers.
- Recruit, train, and oversee youth counselors and Sunday school teachers.
- Oversee counseling for the youth, their parents and families.
- Develop personal relationships with the youth in terms of counseling, spiritual growth, etc. Maintains set hours of availability.
- Provide an outreach ministry to our young people, including contact with away youths.
- Plan and coordinate Sunday school programs and guide in the selection of curriculum.
- Plan for seasonal and special events of learning and spiritual growth.
- Relate to youth-oriented activities in the community, i.e., schools, YMCA, other United Methodist youth groups, and other Christian youth programs.
- Involve youths in District, Conference and other types of cooperative programming.
- Plan, supervise and participate in youth retreats, trips, outings, etc.
- Provide leadership and teach at weekly youth meetings.
- Publicize and report all youth activities.
- Supervise staff hired to work in youth ministry responsibilities.
- Provide input and direction while working with a worship team in the production of weekly worship services.
- Help plan and prepare creative worship elements.
- In service roles: Host the service. Lead the offering liturgy. Announcements
- Recruit volunteers as needed.
- Help with set and stage design elements
- Plan, prepare and evaluate the service and elements of the service.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Administrative Council.
- Serve as staff representative on all other special councils, commissions or task groups as needed.
- Prepare an annual report for the Charge Conference on youth ministry and personal accomplishments.
- As assigned, work with the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee on other tasks not found in the job description.
Staff ResponsibilityTake responsibility for the quality of their relationships with volunteers, other staff and the general church body. This position must be engaged with our faith community using sound biblical practices effectively and serving in various ministries when needed and sharing their faith openly and freely.
- The applicant must have theological agreement with Wesleyan doctrine and tradition; be active in the life of the church, attend worship services regularly and be growing in their walk with Christ.
- The position of Director of Youth Ministry shall be responsible to the Senior Pastor, the Staff-Parish Relations Committee and ultimately, to the Administrative Council. Immediate supervision shall come from the Senior Pastor, who will conduct the annual evaluation of the employee.
- It is understood that this is a full time position, but the Director of Youth Ministry work hours may occasionally be greater due to the fluctuating demands of some programs.
- The Director of Youth Ministry shall be encouraged to be involved in continuing education. Requests for funding of desired courses/seminars/conferences should be made to the supervisor.
- Employment is contingent upon a positive Personal Background investigation. The Director of Youth Ministry or the Church may terminate employment by giving 30 days’ notice. Termination for cause may be made by immediate action.