FIND A JOB
Director of Youth Ministries, Flossmoor, IL
Flossmoor Community Church, an active, diverse and inclusive south suburban church known for it’s outstanding Youth program, seeks an outstanding person with an understanding of how youth learn; discerning their needs and abilities, creatively interacting and engaging their involvement, inspiring their spiritual growth and most of all, having the energy and passion to make it fun!
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM), shall assist the Pastor and guide the Board of Christian Education (BCE), lay leaders and the parents of the youth of Flossmoor Community Church in providing for the spiritual growth, Biblical education, discipleship and development of the faith of the youth of this church, ages sixth through twelfth grades.
Desired Gift and Knowledge Base
- Deeply Christian, spiritually mature person with a passion for the spiritual nurturing of teenagers and adults.
- Ability to invite, inspire and engage others in discovering and using gifts for Youth ministries.
- Self-directing, organized, and administratively competent.
- Effective leader, coach, facilitator, planner, problem-solver, communicator and team builder.
- Excellent ability to delegate effectively and trust others to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Understanding of how youth learn, discerning their needs and abilities, and providing developmentally appropriate work.
- Ability to nurture parental responsibility for faith development of their children.
- Determination to grow in knowledge and understanding of youth and family ministries, remaining open to new and creative ideas for spiritual nurture.
- Technological capabilities with a computer and willingness to utilize technology to manage information and work tasks.
- Ability to encourage youth, youth staffers, and lay advisors to have fun. Believe that God is with them every step of the way.