FIND A JOB
Director of Student Ministries, Madison, MS
Description:St. Matthew's United Methodist Church in Madison, Mississippi, is looking for a Director of Student Ministry. The mission of the Director of Student Ministry is to empower parents and student ministry leaders to create home and church environments where our students can become committed followers of Jesus Christ. There are three primary responsibility areas: mission, family-based discipleship, and team leadership. These include providing spiritual care and mentorship for Student Ministry volunteers and connecting the Student Ministry to other ministries in the church. It also includes working with the Student Ministry Team to develop and accomplish the goals and vision of Student Ministry at St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church. Travel will be required at different times throughout the year for mission trips (domestic and international) and retreats.
- Bachelor’s degree required, certification in Youth Ministry preferred.
- 3 years minimum experience in Christian Education or youth ministry preferred.
- Clearly demonstrates faith in and a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Understands and embodies the mission, vision, and values of St. Matthew’s UMC.
- Must embrace United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Enjoys working as a team member, as well as being able to work independently and take initiative.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, organize, coordinate, manage, and implement a student ministry.
- Ability and willingness to experiment, make mistakes, and take creative risks.
- Loves students and their families.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, program planning skills, and computer/technology skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must be able to receive constructive criticism.