FIND A JOB
Coordinator of Youth & Young Adult Ministry, Jacksonville, FL
Description:St. Paul United Methodist Church in Jacksonville, Florida, seeks members for a new team working together for the new vision of our church in Arlington, a multiracial community in redevelopment. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people in the church and the community as a Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult ministries, please submit your resume. Qualifications:
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and practice.
- Commitment to the St Paul UMC mission of making disciples for Jesus Christ, sharing God’s love, changing lives and serving the community.
- Have a vital, growing and personal faith relationship with Christ. Be able to share with others your testimony and continuing journey of faith.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (education, youth ministry) or completion of Youth Ministry Institute or a Professional Certification in Youth Ministry. Other equivalent degrees or certification may be considered.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer skills.
- Must display excellent interpersonal skills, conflict management skills and a proven ability to work effectively with youth/young adults, families, people of different ages and races, and teams of volunteers.
- Possess a basic knowledge of adolescent development and emotional needs.
- Trained in the importance of providing a safe environment in all ministry settings.
- Must undergo and pass personal background screening process.
- Demonstrated passion for connecting with families of youth/young adults in Arlington, a multicultural community in transition and redevelopment.
- Curator of fun, interactive, meaningful games and events to instill community and fellowship.
- Creative vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
- Adept at using and promoting events with most current social media platforms.
- Understanding of the difference between proper use/misuse of social media.