FIND A JOB
Coordinator of Children’s Ministry (part-time), Jacksonville, FL
Description:St. Paul United Methodist Church in Jacksonville, Florida, seeks members for a new team working together for the new vision of our church in Arlington, a multiracial community in redevelopment. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people in the church and the community as a Coordinator of Children’s ministries, please submit a resume. Qualifications:
- Must have a vision and demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a children’s ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and practice.
- Commitment to St Paul UMC mission of making disciples for Jesus Christ, sharing God’s love, changing lives and serving the community.
- Have a vital, growing and personal faith relationship with Christ. Be able to share with others your testimony and continuing journey of faith.
- Must undergo and pass personal background screening process.
- A professional certification in children’s ministry in the United Methodist Church is desired. Must have completed professional certification or prescribed State DCF 40 hour training, or AA degree in or equivalent in childhood development. CPR certification is required.
- Have a basic knowledge of child development and understand the importance of providing a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Demonstrate a passion for ministry with children and deep commitment to their faith formation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict management skills and ability to work effectively with children and diverse individuals.
- Curator of fun, interactive, meaningful games and events to cultivate learning and cooperation.
- Adept with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for communication.
- Understanding of the difference between proper use/misuse of social media.