FIND A JOB
Children’s Minister – Salisbury, NC (part time)
Description:St. John’s Lutheran Church is a congregation of 1200 members located in Salisbury, NC. The congregation has a rich history in the ELCA and is a significant ministry partner in the Salisbury community. The St. John’s community gathers weekly for worship in both the traditional and contemporary format and through the week for study, fellowship, and service. We are a community continually committed to connecting faith and life together. Children’s ministry at St. John’s Lutheran seeks to ground children in the biblical story, encourage faith formation, integrate children (w)holistically into the life of the church, and send children forth as witnesses to Christ’s love in a way that respects the worldview of a child. The Children’s Minister will coordinate and manage four core areas of our children’s ministry program (birth to 5th grade): Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, Vacation Bible School, and Milestones ministry.
- Coordinate and plan children’s ministry program in the areas of:
- Wednesday evening children’s programming
- Sunday morning children’s programming
- Vacation Bible School
- Milestones ministry for birth to 5th grade
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry Team.
- Recruit, train, equip, and support children’s ministry volunteers.
- Provide consistent communication with Children’s Ministry Team, volunteers, parents, and congregation through email, posters, website and the Eagle’s View (monthly newsletter).
- Reinforce a collaborative ministry with families and provide resources for parents to engage their children’s faith at home.
- Love for children
- Relationally gifted
- Capable leader
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Conscientious work ethic
- Strong background in the biblical story
- Technology and social skills/proficiency
- Ability to communicate and carryout the congregation’s vision for children’s ministry
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Works well in a Christ-centered team environment
- 2 years of professional work experience required
- College degree preferred
- Willingness to invest significantly in the life of the St. John’s community