FIND A JOB
Assistant Youth Director, Shreveport, LA
Description:The Assistant Director of 1stStudents assists in the development of our student ministry and aligns with the mission and discipleship process of First United Methodist Church. The Assistant Director of 1stStudents collaborates with the Director of 1stStudents to develop and implement a comprehensive ministry to students. The primary goal is to help students lead students to connect, grow, serve, and lead. Qualifications:
- Deep, abiding, faith in Jesus Christ and love for people.
- An understanding of traditional Wesleyan theology.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least 1 year of experience in Youth Ministry.
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Christ to people from various backgrounds and beliefs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to teach Sunday School lessons and deliver messages as necessary.
- Strong leadership and relational skills, self-starter, strong initiative, and vision.
- Great verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, recruit, train, and develop leaders.
- A positive team player and self-motivated individual committed to excellence.
- Sense of Humor.
- Ability to demonstrate character, core values, and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and being willing to embrace the mission and strategic plans of First Methodist Shreveport.