Seeking Full-time Youth Ministry Associate
Looking for an energetic, safe, loving and trust-worthy individual to help realize and infuse the vision of the Youth Ministry of The Community Church of Vero Beach, a progressive UCC congregation. We need a team player, inclusive, effective communicator, and a positive role model with a passion for God’s children and Christ’s love. We want someone who will invest in the lives of our youth by entering into their environments of school lunches, sporting events, recitals, and concerts to remind them that they are loved beyond measure. We are looking for someone to challenge them to follow the radical welcome of Jesus and guide them in changing the world.
The Ministry Associate for Youth will minister to youth in the midst of their joys and trials, teaching them the Good News and guiding them in discipleship.
Experience and Compensation
- Three years of Youth Ministry experience required.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Relocation Package available.
- Coordinate weekly Middle School and High School youth group events.
- Coordinate and implement opportunities for the youth to be directly involved in missions and ministry – both locally and outside the community.
- Coordinate and implement monthly recreational events for youth.
- Coordinate and participate with Confirmation.
- Attend school lunches, student sport events, recitals, and concerts to build relationship with youth in their environments.
- Coordinate an overall youth curriculum plan for the church for a balanced comprehensive Christian education to Youth.
- Coordinate and implement an annual proposal for the youth ministry budget and administer that budget with the guidance of the Youth Board.
- Coordinate with staff on worship planning to ensure Youth experience personal growth and faith development through worship.
- Coordinate the enlisting, discipleship, training and motivating of adults to serve in youth ministry, in cooperation with the Youth Board.
- Share the gospel with lost youth and lost parents on an ongoing basis, both individually and cooperatively.
- Create and implement an overall youth ministry strategy for the church.
Please email resume.