Saint Paul’s United Methodist Church located in Tallahassee, Florida, is searching for a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. This person will lead the church’s youth ministry (grades 6 – 12) in keeping with our mission to be a faithful community of disciples who serve as the heart, hands and feet of Christ so that all people come to know the love of God.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead the development of programs and activities that foster the spiritual formation of youth, in alignment with Saint Paul’s mission and values
- Lead, with the support and involvement of the Youth Lay Team, all youth programming, including but not limited to: Sunday School, Sunday evening UMYF, Bible studies, mission projects, recreational activities, and fundraising
- Develop relationships with individual youth and their families through regular communication, attending extracurricular activities of youth group members, etc.
- Intentionally create ministry opportunities between the youth program and the ministries and members of the congregation.
- Administrative and management duties associated with the youth program.
- Work cooperatively with other church staff and laity, the Youth Lay Team, Youth Council and the Church Governing Board
The Director of Youth Ministries is supervised by the Senior Pastor. The Director supervises the Summer Youth Intern and all lay volunteers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a field related to youth ministry
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
- A minimum of two years experience as a youth ministry professional. Applicants with a high degree of diverse volunteer experience in youth ministry will also be considered.
- A passion for youth and their families and the ability to clearly communicate with both
- The ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey
- Ability to plan, implement, and assess youth ministry programs
- Proficient in technology and social media
- Possess a valid Driver’s License; a good driving record and possession of or willingness to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Pass a criminal background check
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Chair – Youth Director Search Committee. Resume reviews will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.