United Church of Santa Fe (www.unitedchurchofsantafe.org
With newly renovated and dedicated space for children and youth programming, the Minister of Children, Youth and Families will grow the children and youth ministry programs to develop a lively faith and deep resilience in our young people. We want them to have a relationship with the living God, to know Jesus’ story and follow in his ways, and to be open to the power of the Spirit. We also want to build Christian leaders who will impact their church and community with God’s love.
The Minister of Children, Youth and Families will have the support of the Children and Youth Ministry Team and will be responsible for the following:
- Developing a comprehensive faith formation program for infants through high school students using diverse, biblically based curriculum, and incorporating music, art, and service into the educational experience.
- Recruiting and helping train volunteers for children and youth ministries
- Providing leadership to several part-time children and youth ministry staff and a pastoral resident.
- Helping to develop and lead yearly immersion trips and special programming
- Nurturing programs of faith formation for parents and the wider congregation.
The ideal candidate will have the following: a minimum of three years experience in children & youth ministry; Master’s Degree preferred (i.e. M.Div, STM, M.A.), bachelor’s degree in a related field required; experience in recruiting and developing volunteers; progressive understanding of Christianity; commitment to social justice; ability to work collaboratively with clergy, staff, and volunteers. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits (vacation, health and retirement) package offered. Please submit your resume and cover letter.