Are you a college sophomore, junior, or senior who is seeking a ministry position this summer?
Do you want to:
- Gain practical ministry experience?
- Work in an atmosphere of personal and professional guidance and support?
- Explore your gifts and call to vocational ministry?
- Grow spiritually and theologically?
- Work with other college students in relational ministry with middle and high school students?
If so, we have a terrific opportunity here at Village Presbyterian Church! Each summer we hire several college students as full-time, paid interns in our youth department, and each summer our middle and high school students look forward to their arrival.
Village Presbyterian Church is a 5,000 member church, located in the suburbs of Kansas City. Village offers many programs including a strong youth ministry program that is thriving with students from all across the metro area.
Our interns’ primary responsibilities include:
- Planning and running weekly summer programming for middle and high school students.
- Organizing, preparing, and leading four youth trips: youth choir tour, MS mission trip, HS trip to Montreat Youth Conference, and HS Boundary Waters canoe trip. Interns will be assigned to 2-3 trips and will not typically be asked to attend all four.
- Spending relational time with students, such as coffee, lunch, and other outings.
- Being a positive role model and example of faith for our middle and high schoolers.
Interested candidates should send a resume, statement of faith (or simply a letter about your faith journey), and one letter of recommendation. Phone interviews will be conducted as soon as viable candidates apply. Candidates must be sophomores in college or older to apply.
Our 2018 internship start date is May 29th going through mid-August. Exact end date can be flexible from person to person. Salary is $400 a week for up to ten weeks. Interns who are not local will be provided housing with a church host family.