Trinity United Methodist Church, located in the midst of a diverse community of families in Palatka, Florida, seeks a full-time Director of Youth Ministries and Worship Leader. This is a great position for someone who enjoys growing a youth ministry and also aspires to lead a praise team and the congregation in worship. The dual purpose in this position will be to provide spiritual and relational Christian leadership for youth grades 6 through 12, and to lead the musical aspect of worship. It is preferred that qualified candidates have a bachelor’s degree, but not necessary, depending on previous experience in youth ministry. Being proficient in voice and able to play one accompanying instrument – keyboard, piano or guitar – is key. A basic understanding of United Methodist theology is required.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and have a basic understanding of United Methodist doctrine.
- Have an active, growing and personal faith relationship with Christ.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary, depending on experience.
- Must display excellent interpersonal skills, conflict management skills, and a proven ability to work effectively with youth, families, people of different ages and races, and teams of volunteers.
- Possess a basic knowledge of adolescent development and emotional needs.
- Proficiency in lead vocals and at least one accompanying instrument (keyboard, piano or guitar).
- Should be able to envision multiple avenues of worship and how to practice them.
Please submit a resume with 3 references to:
Pastor John Bennett
Trinity UMC: 1400 Husson Ave., Palatka, FL. 32177