Crossroad Baptist Church seeks a part-time Director of Youth Ministries (grades 6 through 12) staff position – 20 hours approximate. Position could grow into a full-time role.
The Youth Director will provide spiritual and relational Christian leadership for Youth in the 6th through 12th grades. The Director of Youth Ministries will work with the Church Leadership Team and will provide the primary leadership for youth programming. This will include weekly youth meetings (Wednesday nights), regularly scheduled classes (Sunday School); worship inclusion, fellowship programs, activities, and service projects. In addition, responsibilities will include:
- Grow the youth ministry by creating an attractive, vibrant, and compelling environment to which our youth can invite and attract others to the church.
- Build and support a team of passionate adult volunteers.
- Challenge the youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and the world.
- Agree with our Crossroad doctrine and theology
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, though necessary
- Vision and demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry
- Good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills
- Ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
- Previous experience leading a youth ministry program is desired though not mandatory