The Director of Student Ministries at First United Methodist Church Land O’Lakes is responsible for the overall visioning, planning, coordinating, execution, and evaluation of youth activities intended to help students (6th to 12th grade) grow as disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. As such, the Director of Student Ministries is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry that includes community building, worship, discipleship, leadership development, mission, and outreach.
- A passion for God and the Church that is demonstrated in a personal commitment to Christian theology and discipline
- A minimum of two years experience working with youth in a ministry setting or a Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministry (or related field).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills (e.g. basic knowledge of Microsoft Office).
- Ability to engage students and disciple them in creative ways
- Ability to prioritize, plan and effectively run events for youth
- Ability to work as a team in cooperation with staff and volunteers
- A clear background check
Preferred, but not required:
- United Methodist background or a familiarity with the theology and polity of the United Methodist Church
- Ability to produce and edit videos/graphics
- Experience with WordPress or other web design software
Please send a resume and cover letter if interested.