St. John’s United Methodist Church is a faith community of approximately 400 members in a neighborhood south of the Country Club Plaza. The church is growing and emphasizing the importance of faith formation and discipleship for all age groups. The Director of Ministries with Children, Youth, and Families is a leader of faith formation, the purpose of which is to help all members know God and to become faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
The person who qualifies for this job will possess the following characteristics:
- Experienced, gifted, and passionate about working with children, youth, and families;
- Spiritual and psychological maturity;
- Excellent people skills, cooperative attitude, ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to reach out to others, in order to promote children, youth, and family ministries within as well as outside the congregation;
- Ability to work creatively and effectively without daily supervision;
- Ability to work with different personalities and styles, flexibility;
- Knowledge of a variety of faith formation curriculum for children and youth;
- Willingness to participate in local groups focused on ministry with children, youth, and
- Affiliation with the United Methodist Church is preferred, but candidates from other traditions will be considered.