St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church is located in charming, historic town of Brenham, Texas (in between Austin and Houston). With membership of 1,000 people and approximately 300 in weekly attendance, our church is known in the community as a well-established presence and a place that is deeply invested in the wellbeing of our community and all God’s children. We have a beautiful campus including our Christian Day School with 350 students, grades pre-k through 6th, which is our biggest form of mission in the community.
Our Director of Youth & Family Ministry:
Our full-time Director of Youth & Family Ministry will be responsible for providing leadership for all of our youth (pre-K through high school) and families. The Director of Youth & Family Ministry works alongside the Associate Pastor and alongside many church volunteers. This position has some responsibilities within the Christian Day School, but no direct oversight or Administrative responsibilities within the school.
• Plan, develop and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry program to build a welcoming environment for all youth and their families
• Establish and maintain consistent healthy communication with parents and church leadership
• Lead youth faith formation activities for all age groups including Sunday School, high school gatherings, summer camp, youth trips, fundraising and service efforts, school Chapel services, and assisting with Vacation Bible School
• Assist pastors in our weekday Confirmation Ministry program
• Recruit, develop and train both youth and adult volunteers/leaders
If you meet the qualifications below and have experience in the responsibilities listed above, we would love to talk with you! We are looking for a candidate who not only loves children, but loves “the work” that God has blessed them to do!
Qualifications: Character Qualities
• Be an authentic Christian role model with a calling to engage and excite youth and their families about God and involve them in ministry
• Demonstrate both strength and humility in modeling Christian discipleship
• Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Christian education or youth ministry. Certification in Youth Ministries is required. (A candidate may be considered for employment without this certification, but will be required to become certified through an acceptable institution in the first year of employment.)
• Preferred: Proven record of success of at least 3-5 years’ in student ministry or similar
• Background check is required for employment
Along with your resume, please send three (3) references and any other pertinent info (ex. teaching samples recorded or otherwise). This information may be sent to the attention of Pastor Phil Fenton.