Be an essential part of the team focused on making young disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world in this fast-paced, full-time position as Family Ministry Pastor at Trinity United Methodist Church. This position will lead the children’s and student ministry teams; recruit, train and deploy great unpaid servant volunteer teams and leaders; and partner with parents to grow strong families and young followers of Jesus Christ. You will also partner with our senior leadership team to dream and implement church wide discipleship initiatives.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Trinity UMC including membership and worship attendance, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or spiritual formation or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Proven track record of success in a paid church children’s, student, or family ministry position
- Track record of successful recruiting/equipping/deploying servant volunteer leaders and teams
- Paid staff supervisory experience with a multi-member team
- Experience in deploying the Orange curriculum a plus
Skills / Qualifications:
- Able to provide vision and direction for all aspects of children and student ministry
- Self-starter that is able to work independently under minimal supervision
- A demonstrated passion and commitment to the spiritual growth of children and teens
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, equip and encourage servant volunteer teams and parents
- Strong overall written and spoken communication skills
- Strong speaker/teacher that connects with children and teens
- Systems thinker, planner and implementer
- Ability to work as part of a larger “get it done” church staff team
- Student of lifestyle issues and cultural trends
- Provide vision, leadership and oversight for all aspects of family ministry in partnership with student and children’s ministry leaders.
- Supervise the children ministry and student ministry (mentor, coach, set performance objectives and goals).
- Develop/implement innovative discipleship opportunities and growth from birth to grade 12.
- Customize student and children’s curriculum using the Orange strategy in partnership with student/children staff leaders.
- Build relationships with parents, providing support and equipping them for discipleship within the home.
- With children and student ministry leaders, recruit, equip and deploy strong servant volunteer leadership teams who will help children and students grow into followers of Christ through special events, large group experiences and small group activities from nursery to grade 12.
- Ensure the development and deployment of follow-up processes for guests to the children’s ministry and student ministry, as well as intentional outreach events and opportunities to draw in new families to the church.
- Actively partner with the preschool/childcare director on strategies for connecting center families and families from the surrounding community into the life of the worshiping community and children’s/student ministry.
- Develop and deploy communication strategies that keep church and center families informed and inspired about spiritual growth opportunities for children and students.
- Build radical hospitality into all aspects of children and student events and weekend experiences.
- With the children/student leaders, identify and deploy mission opportunities across all age demographics from grade 1 to 12 (including intergenerational).
- Oversee the family ministry budgets and expenditures.
- Be a student of the culture and attend applicable training and be proactive in researching, reading, and learning about/from other successful student and children’s ministry initiatives across the country.
- Job Type: Full-time (Exempt salaried position)
- Salary: $45,000 – $50,000