REPORTS TO: The Senior Pastor
CONFERS WITH: Staff; Worship Planning Team; other committees based on Music Ministry goals
APPROVED BY: AUMC Staff Parish Committee
Plan, facilitate, implement, and lead a well-rounded Music Ministry Program for Andover United Methodist Church and work as a team member with staff to accomplish the greater mission of the church.
- Prior experience and/or evidence of successful leadership in music ministry
- Strong commitment to the United Methodist Church
- Knowledge of and ability to plan and lead music in both traditional and contemporary settings
- Knowledge of directing: choir, praise band, and bell choir
- Lifestyle and behavior consistent with the United Methodist Book of Discipline
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to be part of a team with staff and develop leadership with laity
- Ability to manage administrative and budgetary tasks related to the position
- Ability to complete tasks assigned and appropriately supervise tasks assigned to others
Strong personal Christian faith commitment; responsible and dynamic leader; inclusive of persons [regardless of age, ethnic or social background, family setting or life situation]; able to relate in a positive manner to persons of all ages; enthusiastic; confident yet open to new ideas; willing to learn and grow; a sense of humor helps.
This is a 12 hour/week, salaried position requiring the Music Ministry Coordinator to be present for Sunday worship services, rehearsals, planning meetings and otherwise as determined in conjunction with the senior pastor.
He/She is expected to work a minimum of twenty four (24) hours during each 2-week pay period. One scheduled day will be Sunday of each week.
All personal business shall be conducted at times other than during scheduled work hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all Music Ministry activities. This is done in cooperation with staff members, volunteers, and groups within the church. Delegation and sharing of the leadership role is expected.
- Plan worship with a worship design team
- Plan choir music 4 weeks in advance
- Recruit, train and work with adults to assist with Music Ministry activities.
- Plan special music for the summer in lieu of the usual choir specials
- Coordinate the Music Ministry with the Church Calendar
- Develop healthy relationships with the children, youth and adults.
- Communicate effectively the goals and activities of the Music Ministry program.
- Assist all ages in assuming musical roles in the worship and ministry of the church.
- Manage risk and boundary awareness with all volunteers.
- Promote and participate in AUMC worship and ministries.
- Attend staff meetings as needed or determined.