The Youth Ministry Institute envisions healthy, vibrant and dynamic local churches with skilled and effective youth ministers who lead youth in the formation of their faith so that they will positively impact their community and world.
Notice that our vision focuses on the local church. We are simply leveraging what we know about youth ministry, empowering youth ministers to become skilled and effective leaders (our mission), to help the local church become more dynamic. Today’s church needs to continue to engage young people in the formation of their faith so they may use their lifetime to bring heaven on earth as Jesus instructed.
In expressing our vision and mission, the Youth Ministry Institute holds true to several values. Our practice in ministry and business will be defined by these.
- Unconditional Love for all
- Creedal Foundation of belief
- Focused on the Spiritual Formation of young people
- Building Relationships that communicate support to individuals and local churches
- Affiliation and Connectedness by all who contribute to the mission, including valued partners
- Direct Communication that is timely and thoughtful
- Self-Awareness with attention to personal growing edges and the growing edges of the organization
- Responding Well to external evaluations that leads to positive change
- Efficient Process in developing strategic objectives
- Collaborative Decision Making oftentimes involving different segments of the YMI family
- Effectively Influencing the culture of local churches resulting in dynamic local church youth ministry
- Inspiring Regional Talent through instruction and coaching
In addition, we measure the development of youth ministers in three areas through our core competencies assessment. Our curriculum and coaching all support each of these areas.
The Youth Ministry Institute has a big vision. We are investing our resources into one church at a time. We celebrate each church’s unique accomplishment in youth ministry. There are success stories to be told in each community of believers. With God’s favor, we will continue to participate in what we believe to be God’s vision for the world.